- Neurosurgical Consultants, P.A. generally does not participate in
any insurance plans. EVEN THOUGH WE ARE NOT PARTICIPANTS IN YOUR
PARTICULAR INSURANCE PLAN, we are pleased to see you in consultation, help
you to fully understand your Neurosurgical condition and determine the most
appropriate course of action for you. We are always willing to work with you
regarding the financial aspects of your Neurosurgical care.
- MOST INSURANCE PLANS ALLOW PATIENTS "OUT-OF-NETWORK" BENEFITS. In
most cases this will provide our patients adequate coverage.
You may wish to verify our participation with your particular plan
before you come in for an appointment. However, we would not permit
this to stand in the way of your consultation should you desire one.
- YOUR OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES MAY BE LESS THAN "IN-NETWORK". In
many instances the ACTUAL OUT-of-POCKET EXPENSES MAY PROVE TO BE
LESS THAN IF A PATIENT REMAINS "IN-NETWORK". While this seems
counter-intuitive, it is quite factual. Once our office staff helps
you to determine the details of your insurance plan, they can then
assist you in working through these financial details. PATIENTS ARE
OFTEN VERY PLEASANTLY SURPRISED TO LEARN THAT THEIR PERSONAL FINANCIAL
COST IS LESS SINCE WE MAY HAVE CONSIDERABLE MORE LEEWAY TO LOWER THE
ACTUAL "OUT-OF-POCKET" COST THAN AN "IN-NETWORK" NEUROSURGEON DOES.
- AS OUT-of-NETWORK NEUROSURGEONS, WE ARE NOT CONTRACTUALLY
OBLIGATED TO ANY OF THE INSURANCE COMPANIES' RESTRICTIONS THAT AN
ORDINARY NEUROSURGEON IS REQUIRED TO IMPOSE ON THE PATIENT. Having
this latitude permits us to work with the patient to REMOVE BARRIERS
that WOULD ORDINARILY stand in the way of your access to the level
of Neurosurgical assistance offered by our Surgeons.
- BLUE CROSS BLUE SHIELD OF TEXAS (BCBS)
BLUE CROSS-BLUE SHIELD of TEXAS (BCBS) has instituted a physician payment
scheme that ranks among the most restrictive in the USA. BCBS has chosen
to pay "participating" (contracting) physicians at rates comparable to or
lower than the already bottom-basement Medicare price schedules. This has
resulted in several hospitals and multiple physicians/physician practice
groups taking the drastic step to disassociate from BCBS. Patients who have
used those physicians and/or hospitals must now find other facilities.
NEUROSURGICAL CONSULTANTS, pa has made special arrangements to accommodate
patients who are covered by BCBS of Texas even though we are not contracted
with ANY INSURANCE SCHEMES and are "out-of-network" providers for any and
all health insurance companies.
- ALL BCBS patients will qualify for an INITIAL NO OUT-OF-POCKET
COST COMPLETE Neurosurgical Consultation with our Senior Neurosurgical
- There will be NO OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS for follow-up visits related
to that initial Neurosurgical Consultation.
- In the event that Neurosurgical Treatment becomes appropriate
in your care, we will provide you with an ITEMIZED WRITTEN ESTIMATE
OF THE SURGEONS' FEES TOGETHER WITH AN EXPLANATION OF WHAT THOSE
- Neurosurgical Consultants, pa will offer to BCBS insured patients
the same discounted service and guaranteed fixed professional fee for
the specific Neurosurgical services as is offered to our Medicare
- BCBS "Co-pay" and/or "deductibles" will NOT APPLY to any services
provided by our Neurological Surgeons.
- Neurosurgical Consultants, pa will file BCBS insurance claims on
behalf of the patient and REFUND to the patient those funds collected
on their behalf provided that there is no outstanding balance on their
account with our office.
- Neurosurgical Consultants, pa will assist all BCBS insured patients
as they seek to recover additional payments from BCBS and will provide
all the relevant medical information and documentation to support that
- Services provided by the hospital and/or other healthcare
professionals are billed to BCBS by those entities according to their
specific and separate contracts.
Return to the Top of the Page
This page last edited on 2/19